April 21, 2019

My Relationship with the Media

My relationship with the media is one that has been forming my whole life. Right around the birth of my generation media boomed. This of course connected with the booming of technology. I wasn't allowed to have any media accounts until about middle school, but from then on it has been an almost daily ritual.

As I have grown older and older I have gotten even more connected to media as well with things like Snapchat and Instagram. Now I don't even sit at a dinner with my family without taking out my phone. My parents don't like it, but they don't take it away either. this is due to the fact that it is a huge part of their lives as well. lots of my schoolwork is done online now and even books are available through the web.

I choose not to be a big part of politics because I just find it annoying and as something to fight about, however, I do love hearing about what is happening in the world. my phone tells me some of the stories of events that happen around the globe, but honestly, I don't do that much research independently.

I do love to watch shows and movies using sources such as Hulu and Netflix and most of the things I watch incorporate modern day issues into their storylines. there are also advertisements on TV and each of my social media accounts that tune me into what the media shows us.

My relationship with the media is deep and has been growing my whole life. As time progresses it will continue to grow as long as I let it, but as long as I do let it be such a big part of who I am, I need to be willing to face the consequences whatever they may be.

Image result for cartoon of media

No comments:

Post a Comment