May 25, 2019

Missrepresentation

As I’ve gone through my life I have heard about the gender inequality factor that is a common factor in the world we live in today. I have seen it in television shows and on social media sites as well. There are different types of advertising techniques also used to target different types of people and some use women as objects to get a certain audiences attention.

I recently did a report on the “Glass Ceiling” and I found out a lot. It was interesting to hear that men still make so much more than women. I think that women do a lot of the same work and pay shows be equal.

However I think that women should be willing to put in the same work and be willing to try for all of their accomplishments in the future just like the successful women of today, and not just expect it because they are women. Everything should be equal, not just leaning the opposite way.

Social media hurts women so much because of the way it portrays them as objects. This was just seen in the documentary “Missrepresentation.” It was interesting to learn new things about women in the field but it was disappointing to hear about how women get photoshopped so much and lots of other horrible things like that. This was a great documentary and I’m very glad to have learned from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment